The first post is almost always embarrassing so let’s get it over with quickly.
I’m Liam and I’m yet another lefty. I have views and opinions which are far from unique but are influenced by several facts about me.
- I was born and live in the UK. I’m unlikely to write much at all about the US or other countries I don’t live in.
- I’m a postgraduate student living in York.
- I’m a disabled person – I have at least one chronic illness and an ever-changing list of diagnoses for it. I’m also autistic, dyspraxic and dyslexic, partially sighted, hypermobile and living with PTSD. I walk with a cane and see doctors a lot. Disabled people’s rights and activism form a sizeable part of my life.
- I’m bisexual. Or something very much like it.
- I’m a transgender man. Being trans isn’t much a huge deal in my life and if you’re looking for posts on “What gender dysphoria feels like” you won’t find them here. Posts on the socio-legal consequences of being trans in the UK much more likely.
- I’m a Jewish convert who took quite a long and winding path to arrive at Judaism.
- I’m in my early twenties. My views are still forming and I have a marked tendency to move leftwards over time.
So: that’s me. I have a blog now. Blogs are cool.